Sunday, May 03, 2015

Alien III Project - Mining Ship Logo

Here are the examples of the logo's I designed for the crew of the mining vessel. These pages are annotated with information for the course tutors.

Saturday, May 02, 2015

Alien III Project - Mining Ship Interior

The figure in these renders is there purely for scale.

I made the 3D model to show how the exterior of the set might be constructed if this was an actual shooting set.

Friday, May 01, 2015

Alien III Project - Meteoroids

For my Final Major Project at Cleveland College of Art and Design I decided to base my work on an un-filmed screenplay for Alien 3 by David Twohy. I will be posting my designs here over the next few posts.

Some of my initial concepts exploring various shapes of Meteoroids, as the script calls them.

I used Sculptris to make the CG Meteroids.

And Polystyrene and Modelling Paste were used for the miniature Meteoroid model.

Saturday, November 01, 2014

More recent make-ups

Here are some more recent make-ups done using liquid latex and cotton wool, Nimba Creations 'Perfect Palette' make-up grease paints and liquitex acrylic colours.

The bruised face make-up below was done just using paint techniques.

Gingerbreed Spaceship

I made this ship for the film Gingerbreed back in 2007. The production is still on going and recently I got to view the trailer which has been put together to help secure funding to finish this Sc-fi comedy.
I've been given permission to finally show what the whole spaceship looks like. This Russian spaceship is based on the 'Hammer and Sickle' soviet symbol.

The sickle section rotates around the hammer

The clamps detach so the main ship can land on planets, it has landing thrusters which deploy from the front and back of the ship, see below.

 The ship in landing mode

Friday, October 24, 2014

Recent Make-ups

These are some make-up's I've done over the last week at Uni. The first is an application of latex appliances onto a friends arm, to create some sort of acid burn type effect.

Veins were painted onto the arm using Nimba Creations 'Perfect Palette'. I also used Liquitex Acrylic paints.

The second make-up (below) was applied to the same friend, James Morris, I wasn't as quite as happy with the finished results on this. It was built up using just liquid latex and cotton wool, again coloured the same as the arm.

I did these final two make-up's without very little preparation for a film that one of the students is making, called 'Vigil' He required a heavily beaten face and a less beaten face, James Morris was once again roped into wearing the make-up. This has a latex appliance over one eye and the rest is a combination of the ''Perfect Palette' make-up and the 'Liquitex Paint' with Vaseline to add shine.

Cotton wool was placed in the cheek and behind the lip to add swelling to the face. And some fake blood trickled into areas.

The 2nd Make-up was done purely with paint effects, no prosthetic pieces at all, both make-up's took around 3 hours to complete, and they had some minor touching up on set.

 No hard feelings !!

Saturday, October 18, 2014

A Tale of Two Cities - Set Design - Concept Art

Here are some of my designs for the set design I did for the project based on 'A Tale of Two Cities'

A Tale of Two Cities - Set Design

This was a project to design a street scene for a production of Charles Dickens 'A Tale of Two Cities' All modelling work done in 3DS Max.