Monday, September 01, 2008

Hyperdrive - Cybermen Container

I was watching Hyperdrive the other evening, I was skipping channels and noticed it was on, the episode featured the Lemurian Freighter that I made.
I made some posts back in 2006 about this ship Here's post 1 and here's post 2 also I made a post here about the Dark Star bombs that I'd put amongst the cargo as an in joke.
One thing I thought I'd mentioned at the time but didn't was another of the containers was a series of 12 cylinders meant to contain Cybermen from Doctor Who, the containers had the Cyberman logo on that was seen in the classic Tomb of the Cybermen. Of course this was far too small ever to be seen during the actual episode, I just put them there for fun.

16 comments:

tlchang said...

Heh - good Dr. Who choice. I love having personal, 'subliminal' details like that. :-)

allen etter said...

Fun stuff.

Moonwatcher said...

I seen this episode on Dave Channel last week, you don't see that ship half as good as you do in your pictures. You should have hidden the Tardis in there too. :)

Le Vieux Paris d'Albert Robida said...

Hello,
Glad to discover your world, and your very interesting work !

I will keep my eyes here.

Best regards
Laurent

ps: thanks for your little words in my blog ;-)

Ali Jalali said...

thanks for your post on my blog
you have cool works and a nice blog.
wish the best.

Anonymous said...

I always enjoy coming by to get my
sci-fi geek fix:)

nice modeling/texturing

Michael Grant Clark said...

You fanboy. Thats excellent!

I always thought the cybermen had a good grasp on corporate identity. I'll have to watch Tomb again to see if there's really a little (R) beside the cyberlogo.

NICOLAS P. VILLARREAL said...

Hey Andrew, great stuff!...I love your "Simple renderings", great colors on the second one...although i dont see anything "simple" on that ;)

Salud!!!

Javi GarcĂ­a said...

Hi Andrew!

Cool post man!

Thanks for the visit!

PaoYunSoo said...

awesome work, especially love this one 8)



http://bp2.blogger.com/_jv-vx0HDjF0/Rvqay2vDeUI/AAAAAAAABI0/Y5eteNLi_Lw/s1600-h/ds_pt.jpg

Andrew Glazebrook said...

Hey all, thanks for the feedback on this !!

Haylee said...

Thanks for stopping by Andrew! You have some pretty nice stuff here yourself!

Peter Breese said...

Nothing wrong for putting in a plug for Dr. Who... I grew-up on that stuff. Very nice work on this blog, thanks for the comments!

I'll check back again soon.

Tim Bye said...

I love the attention to detail!!! VERY COOL magazine cover below too! Great stuff

Ken said...

Hey you work on Doctor Who? that's awesome! And yeh, things like that add so much believability to a show. Even if it goes unnoticed!

Andrew Glazebrook said...

Hey Ken, I don't work on Doctor Who, but I did work on the BBC SF Comedy show Hyperdrive, this container of Cybermen was thrown in as an in joke just for a laugh !!