Monday, May 09, 2011

The Massassi Temple Room

I did this room back in 2007 for a guy in the US for a Star Wars fan movie Star Wars:The Forgotten they were making, said I'd help out with this one room they needed set in the Massassi Temple on Yavin 4. Here's my render of the finished model with some dudes for scale, think they were going to have a table or something in this room. Anyway heard nothing of this project for years, checked their website a few months ago and their forum was full of spam mail, and checked today and their whole website has vanished without trace. I know they'd shot a lot of live action, but it looks like their project is now defunct !!

6 comments:

Henry Gibbens said...

Seems to be the way with a lot of fan films - seen this happen to a number of projects over the years.
Excellent work - as always, sir!

Jordi said...

amazing works! I am Jordi , from jordigart.blogspot.com, I wanted to thank you for the link you gave me. Very interesting webpage.

allen etter said...

Bummer. That room has a really nice feel to it. By the way, one of my students is building a web site for our Cerulean movie as part of her internship! She is putting bios on the page and would like include your info.

ross cuthbert said...

Great work as always Andrew!!
Hope you are well. Always nice to see some new additions to the blog.

Armin Schieb said...

Very atmospheric scene. The combination of polished metal and rough walls is cool.

Douglas Mallette said...

Hey Andrew! This is Douglas...the maker of said defunct film. lol. It's not defunct though. I moved to Houston after filming, and sadly, some of the main scenes of the film were unworkable. So, we all decided to put the whole thing on hold and redo it, from scratch, but we do want to use as much of the CG you and others did as possible. Why have such amazing work go to waste? So expect this to be used...although I may have to ask you to render off new camera angles. ;)