Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Federation Pursuit Ship - Alternate Versions

I started building this miniature back in June of 2012 based on a CGI model I'd made some years earlier, this is an alternate design based on the Blake's 7 Federation pursuit ship.Here's my CG Model above.

And here's the work in progress on the miniature, this won't match the CG version exactly as I'm taking a lot of the stylistic detailing from the miniatures Martin Bower made for the original show, but the shape of the final ship will be based closely to my design. This model like the original uses a fair few parts from the Airfix Apollo Saturn V Rocket model kit.


The final model should be around 18-19 inches in length. I plan to finish this over the summer once I have college work out of the way.


Just a few ships and miniatures from SF films off the top of my head that used the Saturn V, X-Wing Fighter, Y-Wing Fighter, Millennium Falcon, Star Destroyer, Blockade Runner, Escape Pod, Death Star Surface Tiles,Imperial Shield Generator on Endor, Battlestar Galactica, Galactica Shuttle, Cowboy's Ship and the Hephaestus Station from Battle Beyond the Stars, Space Academy's Seeker, Dragos's Dragon ships from Jason of Star Command The Eagle Transporter from Space 1999 to name just a small selection

1 comment:

Andy Latham said...

Wow I had no idea so many famous fictional ships used the Saturn V! Every day's a school day as they say.

Looking great so far, keep up the good work :)