Friday, November 16, 2007

Gingerbreed - Spaceship - Work in Progress Pt 9



It's hard to show this landing leg out of context with the ship, but I'm not allowed to show the rest of the ship yet. Anyway been working on the main landing legs which means the ship does land in the movie. Some work modeling wise to do on the legs yet but this was just a quick test, the very top part of the leg won't be seen, that sits inside the ship where the landing legs retracts from. The legs will have a bit of give when the ship lands and then as the legs raise the ship back up a clamp will lock the gear in place, I'm still working on that mechanism now.
The guys at Gingerbreed have a version of the Spaceship model that they're using to block out shots with at the moment.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

nice flex.

ANDY CHUNG said...

Very cool stuff!
I like your way of thinking + the designs.

Moonwatcher said...

I like the leg,it has quite a chunky look to it. Finally updated my blog too.

Unknown said...

Nice work.

impwork said...

I look forward to seeing the finished product.